Criteria of tourists
- You are not a Thai national;
- You are not a pilot or a cabin crew of any airlines departing Thailand on duty;
- You leave Thailand via an international airport;
- Goods are purchased from stores that participate in the VAT refund scheme. Please notice the sign displaying ‘VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS’;
- The total sum of purchased goods including VAT is not less than 2,000 Baht;
- You are a non-Thai resident.
Procedures of Vat Refunds
- The vat refunds form must be checked by the Customs officers. Tourists must submit the Vat Refund Application for Tourist form (P.P 10) along with the original invoice and the purchased goods to be inspected, stamped and signed by the Customs officers with the checked date in the P.P 10 form.
- Passengers proceed to check-in counter and check in their baggage. In case tourists claim VAT refunds for jewelry, gold, watches, glasses, pens, etc. which are valued more than 10,000 Baht, please have these items available for inspection at the VAT Refund Office again upon request. The Customs officers will stamp and sign the Vat Refund Application for Tourist form with the checked date.
- Proceed through immigration process
- Present the Vat Refund Application for Tourist form (P.P 10) and expensive items to the Customs officers in order to request for VAT refunds.
Goods eligible for VAT refunds for tourists
- Goods must be purchased from stores participating in the VAT refund scheme. Please notice the sign displaying ‘VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS’
- VAT refund only applies to goods taken out of Thailand with the traveler within 60 days from the date of purchase.
- Goods must not be prohibited items such as explosives, firearms, jewelry that has not been set.
- Goods must be at least 2,000 Baht including VAT
- Goods must be inspected by the Customs officers at an international airport.
Remarks: In case of luxury goods valued more than 10,000 Baht must once more be inspected and signed by the Revenue officers after the Immigration.
There are 8 VAT refund offices for tourists at the international airports which are Suvarnabhumi Airport, Don Mueang International Airport, Chiang Mai International Airport, Phuket International Airport, Hat Yai International Airport, U-tapao International Airport, Krabi International Airport and Samui International Airport.
At Don Mueang International Airport, the VAT refund for tourists’ checkpoint and Customs procedures are located on the 3rd floor at Gate 1. The information counter for recommendations and enquiries about VAT refunds is located on the 3rd floor at Gate 2, departure hall. The VAT refund office at the airport is located inside the international departure hall after the checkpoint in the restricted area.
For more information, please contact VAT Refund for Tourists offices at the airports at Tel. 0-2535-6575 to 0-2535-6577.
Chiang Mai International Airport
Telephone : 0-5392-2245 , 0-5327-7265 FAX : 0-5327-7219