Traveling with a pet
Passengers Traveling with Pets
Passengers who wish to bring pets to and out of Thailand must follow the airport’s regulations and inform the Office of Traveling with Pets, which will provide advice on regulations.
The procedures for bringing pets (dogs, cats, birds, etc…) in and out of Thailand are taken from The Department of Livestock Development at http://www.dld.go.th
- Submit the Pet Transportation form (Form R.1/1) ;
- Pets’ health must be checked not more than 2-3 days before departure;
- The agency issues the Export Permit (Form R.9) along with the animal health certificate.
Documents required for applying for Pet Export Permits are as follows:
- Copy of the passport of the pet’s owner;
- Copy of the identification card of the export agent;
- Copy of the rabies vaccination certificate in case of exporting dogs and cats;
- In case of exporting birds or other pets, the export certificate issued by the Department of Forestry must be presented or the export consent from the officers at the Animal Quarantine Station of the airport and/or documents from CITES.
For more information, please contact Animal Transportation Control and Quarantine Sector, Bureau of Disease Control and Veterinary Services, Department of Livestock Development, Phayathai, Bangkok, 10400
Tel. (02) 653-4444 ext. 4174,4175,4177-4179
Fax. (02) 653-4865
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org